Thursday, June 2, 2011

Why you won't find many people under the age of 30 in the real estate biz...

A friend once told me that she loses interest in people's blogs if they don't post at least once every couple of days. Well, friends, it's been more than 'a couple of days' and I do hope you're still interested in reading! What's odd is that that very same friend and her husband were my very first buyer clients. I'll let her tell you the story of how it all went down...but needless to say, I'm pretty sure they loved the extra attention they received while I wasn't updating this blog :)

So, the past few months have been incredibly fun. I absolutely LOVE being a real estate agent. If I have one wish for my friends (aside from you buying a home from yours truly) it is that each one of you find a job that doesn't feel like work. As any professional will tell you, hard work gets you paid. And in the case of real estate, some of the risk is working really hard for months on end only to have a deal not get to the settlement table. There are times when I've asked myself, "Can I do this? Can I really afford, as a 26 yr. old with college loans and ridiculous PECO bills, to work solely on commission?". It can certainly be scary at times, hence the title of this post. But when those doubts come up (about every 47 minutes), I have to pause and remind myself that (sappiness alert) if I'm truly honoring my call, my purpose in life, doing what I enjoy the most and helping people have fun in the process... the business will come. I have approximately four years to become one of the industry's 30 under 30 and be famous, like these amazing peeps:


This issue just came out, but I keep reading it. The tenacity and drive it takes to work for yourself and persevere through slow markets and mortgage debacles is what these 30 have done... and I want it. Bad. Just like Dirk wants the win over LeBron...

Despite what the silly pundits say about the real estate market, we've been pretty busy selling houses and taking names. Spring is the biggest season in the industry and on top of it being crazy, we've moved into a brand new office on the Main Line (right near K-Mart, Acme, The Paddock, Whole Foods in Devon), and are now officially allowed to call ourselves Keller Williams Realty Devon-Wayne. I feel very grown-up when I get to say, "I'll be there in 10...just leaving the office."

In the next few months, now that we're in our new space, I'm going to be throwing a party...a "Come have a cocktail and hang out with your favorite friend/realtor" party so you can come see my new swanky office. Invites to come! Will keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment