Tuesday, November 1, 2011

THX.TY.thanks.ThankYouverymuchnow.


In light of it being Noviembre, the month of Thanksgiving, I decided to embark upon 30 DAYS OF THANKS. Everyday this month, I'll be posting about thankful-onius things that make my life wondrous in everyway.

Oh, Buddha...you're so wise...
"Let us rise up and be thankful; for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful."

In light of the one-year anniversary of my grandmother's death on Sunday, I'm hard-pressed at the moment to find anything more deserving of gratitude than her love, support, and nagging advice. One in particular that I have to remind myself of everyday is the infamous, "No one person makes you feel any one way...you CHOOSE to feel that way." So obnoxiously true, right?

This woman was my biggest fan, and I, hers. Her accomplishments are too many to name, and aside from her exemplary life, I'm equally grateful for her autobiography, which I will get to share with my children and my children's children.

PS. I inherited her electric blanket, too...go buy one tomorrow. No, really. It will change your life. MMMMmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment